Opening hours: 13. April to 4 October 2020 (Feast of St. Francis)
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 10-12 and 14-16:30
Saturday, Sunday and holidays: 10-16:30
Closed on Tuesday and Friday
For groups, a visit is also possible outside the opening hours.
• Adults › 4,00 €
• Children up to 12 years › free
• Reduced admission for pupils, students, people with disabilities › 3,00 €
• Family card › 7,00 € (parents and their minor children as well as in education)
• Birthday children have free admission on their birthday (please bring ID)
• Group from 15 persons, after registration, incl. Multivision (english, italian, polish language) and Guided tour in english, italian, french, spanish and polish language› 6,00 € p.P.
• Group under 15 persons, after registration, incl. Multivision (english, italian, polish language) and Guided tour › on request + additional fee foreign language
• Children‘s guide with book "Kinderführer Geburtshaus Pope Benedict XVI." › 2.50 euros per child
Family Holiday Offers (during the summer holidays)
Family card parents/grandparents with their children/grandchildren +
Children‘s guide Birthplace Pope Benedict +
Cloth bag Birthplace Pope Benedict
for 10 Euro (instead of 15 Euro)
A good complement to visit the Pope‘s house is a 30-minute tour of Marktl (history) in english or german (1.00 € per person + additional fee for foreign language)
We offer various guided tours for groups:
• Guided tour of the permanent exhibition
• Guided tour of the special exhibition
• Guided tour for children and teenagers
• Guided tour with book Birthplace Pope Benedict XVI.
• Guided tour with Pope house brick
More information about the guided tours can be found here.
Stiftung Geburtshaus Papst Benedikt XVI.
84533 Marktl am Inn
Phone: 0 86 78 / 74 76 80